Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. has updated the firmware for the NX1000 to version 1.13. This firmware upgrade improves the product’s performance and replaces the M/Link and RVF apps with the upgraded and integrated Samsung SMART CAMERA app. Instructions for upgrading are below.
Firmware Version Information: 1.13
1) AutoShare feature added
2) Improved Wi-Fi compatibility
3) Other bug fixes
Before upgrading the firmware
1) Make sure your battery is fully charged.
Warning: If the camera’s firmware upgrade process is disrupted for any reason, the mainboard may have to be serviced by a Samsung service center, which may result in major repair charges.
2) Format an SD memory card on your PC or camera and then download the firmware file.
3) Place the firmware file into the root directory of the memory card.
4) Once the upgrade process begins, do not operate the camera, remove the battery, or unplug the power cord. Once the upgrade is complete, you can resume normal use of your camera.
How to upgrade firmware
1) Download the firmware file into the root directory of an SD memory card.
2) Insert the SD card with the firmware file into the camera.
3) Press the menu button.
4) Move to the “Settings 3″ menu and “Device Information.” Press OK.
5) Select “Firmware Update.” Press OK.
6) Select “Body Firmware.” Press OK.
7) Select “Yes.” Press OK.
8) The progress bar will display the status of the update. When it is complete, the camera will reboot.
Note: If the firmware upgrade is not completed successfully, remove and then re-insert the battery, the firmware upgrade will start again automatically. Should you need further detailed information, or if you experience difficulty in upgrading firmware, do not proceed with the process on your own. Visit a Samsung service center near you.